Even after the actual purchase of a house, there are a lot of things to consider in a new property. Because before you move into the new house, there are a lot of things to do. Here are five things you should do beforehand.
1. Do a Final Walk-Through: Before signing off on the keys, do one last tour of the property to check for any damage or unfinished work that was promised to be completed. Make sure to check in all the rooms and even the attic or basement spaces if applicable. Be sure to take photos or videos of any issues you might find and contact the seller right away if needed. Additionally, it would be wise to call an electrician to check the wiring and ensure all necessary safety measures are in place.
2. Change the Locks: Though you may have been given a set of keys, it’s important to change the locks for additional security. This will ensure that you are the only person with access to your home and your belongings.
3. Budget for Home Repairs: Owning a home can be a costly endeavour. Though you may have already budgeted for major issues, it’s important to set aside money to cover any minor repairs or updates that you may need.
4. Research Utilities: Be sure to call the local gas, water and electric companies to set up service in your name. Additionally, call the local internet and cable providers so you can start enjoying your new home right away.
5. Get to Know the Neighbours: Moving into a new home is a great excuse to introduce yourself and your family to the neighbours. Doing so can help you feel more at home in your new neighbourhood and even make some lifelong friends.
6. Remove the Waste: It’s important to remove any waste that may have been left behind from the previous owners. Doing so will ensure that your new home is clean and welcoming. Parramatta waste collection services are available to help ensure that all your rubbish and unwanted items are taken away safely and efficiently.
These five tips will help you to quickly call your new house your new home. We wish you a stress-free move-in experience.